Weight watchers are highly conscious and their diet and more often than not, have the ritual of counting calories while eating. They follow a diet plan to encourage weight loss and maintain healthy lifestyles and food choices. The main focus of these people is overall physical and mental well-being, so food that is highly nutritious, fibrous and healthy is key. Low volume foods make dieting difficult and spacing out main meals too long can cause the blood sugar levels to drop. The snacks listed below are some easy ideas on keeping the hunger hormones at bay. Remember, portion size is key.
- Ice cream treats - puree your own fruit, stick it into an ice cream mould - perfect snack during summer!
- Fruit salad: These are full of nutrition and contain very little fat. You can enjoy a fresh fruit salad by adding some greek yoghurt. Don't be sucked in by the media hype of too much carbs.
- Spicy popcorn: Popcorn is can be quite nutritious and contains a lot of fibre. Add some spicy seasoning and you'll have a tasty snack!
- Seed berry parfait: This recipe is full of berries which improve health.
- Apple and Peanut butter sandwich: Peanut butter sandwiched between apple slices is nutritiously tummy-filling.
- Pumpkin hummus: Pumpkin purees are an outstanding snack. This is savoury and sweet which can be eaten with veggies.
- Edamame: A power snack food. These are loaded with fibre and protein.
- Turkey jerky: Easy way to get your protein requirements in on the go.
- Some other snacks include vegetable soup with added whole grain crackers, wheat bread with banana slices and peanut butter or tomato slices and cheese with whole grain crackers.